Friday, August 10, 2012

Weekly Roundup - August 10, 2012

Burger's Priest - Unless you've been living under a rock for the past year, you've gotta know that the Burger's Priest has become one of the most talked about burger joints in Toronto! With their commitment to fresh produce and delivering a great product, the Priest has quickly won over the east end with their little location in the Beaches, to now taking on the Uptown families with their recently opened Yonge St. location. Although their Yonge St. location is much more convenient for me, I still love going to the Beaches Priest when I have the chance. Why choose to spend the gas driving down to the beaches for my burger? It's all about the atmosphere! I love grabbing my cheeseburgers and taking them to the beach to park myself on a nice bench or rock, and enjoy my burger while I take in the view and people watch. Last Friday, before meeting up with some friends, I hit the Beaches Burger's Priest for takeout with my mom. Normally a fan of their single cheeseburger, I was STARVED and had to go for the double cheeseburger. Although it was one damn good burger, I couldn't help but think of the Priest's competition Holy Chuck Burgers, which I can now officially say is my favourite burger in Toronto. Although Holy Chuck Burgers' double cheeseburger isn't quite as large, I find the flavour bigger, and the texture more appealing. P.S. That stunning red/orange moon looked unbelievable by the Beaches on Friday night! Did you see it?
Foxley - Foxley has been one of those buzzed about Toronto restaurants for a while now, with it's casual atmosphere and refined asian inspired tapas. With foodies left, right, and centre proclaiming it to be one of their new favourite restaurants, it was time for me to check out the trendy Ossington spot. With most of the city heading up North for the long weekend, we were pleased to see that there were a few tables available during the dinner rush. Despite the free tables, we decided to grab a seat at the bar for a little more action. The friendly bartender recommended a few dishes for us and suggested to get about two dishes per person. Foxley's ceviche was one dish that was consistently recommended to me, so we ordered the Wahoo Ceviche with Mango Salsa, attracted by the refreshing-sounding accompanying salsa. We also ordered the Lamb and Duck Prosciutto Dumplings and the Grilled Marinated Beef Short Ribs. We were going to leave it at that, but after seeing multiple Spring Rolls go by, looking so fresh and delicious, we couldn't resist, and quickly put in an order for their Duck Tenderloin Fresh Spring Roll with Herbs and Rice Vermicelli. Everything that we tried at Foxley was very tasty, although I hate to say that it didn't quite live up to the hype for me. Everything was very good, don't get me wrong, it just didn't quite hit that extra special note that I was hoping for.

Follow me on Twitter!
Like me on Facebook!
Follow me on Instagram @thisgingerrose

Listening To:
The XX - Hot Like Fire
Powered by mp3skull.com

No comments: