Thursday, March 15, 2012

Carrot Ginger Soup & Yummy Mummy Club Foodie of the Week

Hey everyone! How fantastic is this premature Spring we're getting in Toronto right now?! Seriously, there's nothing like Spring in Toronto to spark my creativity and productivity! More than just the weather, I'm also currently inspired by a fantastic book I just finished called The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari. This motivational book is one I've been working away at for over a month now, as I was dedicating each week to reading one of the short chapters, with each chapter highlighting a particular life lesson. I would try to apply the lesson that I had learned each week to my own life, and now having just finished the book two days ago, I feel like a whole new person! It feels amazing. It may sound crazy, but I feel as though my mind and body is buzzing with this newfound positivity! I really hope I can keep it up! I found a PDF of the book online, so it's easy and free to give the book a read and see how it will affect your own life.


I'm also feeling so incredibly positive thanks to the Yummy Mummy Club featuring me as their Foodie of the Week! No I'm no mummy, but I do love all things yummy, and I do love the Yummy Mummy Club for their great content on food, health, style, culture, home, and life! This is a site that I'm sure will become apart of your daily blog reads just like it has for me! I'm really proud of this feature, and was really glad to have an opportunity to share my love for my Oma, who makes an appearance in one of my answers. Check it out!!

I also wanted to share with you a soup that my mom and I made a few months ago that was so comforting, simple, and delicious you're going to want to make it right away! If I were a soup, this would be me: Carrot Ginger Soup. I would re-name it Carrot Top Ginger Soup if it weren't for the awful inevitable reference to the "comedian" (quotations because I do not find him funny) Carrot Top, who quite frankly scares me and makes me embarrassed to be a redhead. We found the recipe for this tasty soup on AllRecipes.com, but doubled the amount of carrots and ginger to give it a thicker and creamier consistency, as well as a hint of spiciness from the ginger. With its vibrant colour, this soup would look beautiful on the table at your next dinner party! Give it a try and let me know what you think!


Listening To:

No comments: