Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Barbecued Garlic Shrimp

There are two types of people in this world, those that have the strength to deny cravings and those that give into them with abandon. I, my friends am the latter. No matter if it's bad for my health, expensive, or I have no easy way of accessing what I want, I will do everything within my power to satisfy that craving. So when that crazy brain of mine started chanting "Garlic shrimp! Garlic shrimp! Garlic shrimp" over and over again, I knew I had no choice but to submit to my craving. Luckily this time around I had my mind set on something that was not only healthy, but quick, easy, and ohhh sooo good!
Within only a matter of minutes after telling my dad last Tuesday that all I wanted in the whole wide world at that very moment was some delicious garlic shrimp, he had the grill fired up, and I was whisking away at my garlic marinade. In no time at all we had delicious garlic shrimp, hot off the grill, and ready to devour al fresco on our back porch. My barbecued garlic shrimp was so delicious, I made them again only three days later for our big family Canada Day barbecue! What a hit!

Ingredients:
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced or pureed
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp paprika
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
1 tbsp parsley, chopped

Directions:
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, paprika, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.

2. Skewer the shrimp onto shish kabob skewers that have been soaked in water for about 1 hour. I like to place a skewer on each end of the shrimp for the most control when grilling.

3. In a shallow dish, lay out the shrimp on skewers and pour over the marinade. Let stand in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Do not marinade shrimp any longer or else the marinade will begin to cook the shrimp.

4. Lay out shrimp onto grill set at medium-high heat. Grill shrimp for about 2-3 minutes on one side, then another 1-2 minutes on the other, or until shrimp are opaque. Do not overcook! Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with lemon slices.

Listening To:
Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)

Powered by mp3skull.com

No comments: