Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day Brunch

Mothers Day, the holiday that always seems to sneak up on me leaving me giftless and cardless come Sunday. Despite my lack of gift and card (gotta start working on that homemade card!) I'm not feeling stressed in the slightest. The truth is I rarely get my mom an actual physical gift for Mother's Day. Although my mom appreciates a nice gift, a thoughtful gesture means all the more to her. So this year for Mother's Day I am going to prepare a beautiful brunch that, pending the weather, will be served as our first meal of 2011 on our back patio.

Cooking or baking something special for your mom not only shows her that you put that extra bit of thought and effort into her gift, but also allows you to skip out on seemingly neverending brunch lines, reservations that you inevitably forgot to make, and most significantly for myself, means my wallet can stay juuust a bit heavier.

The trick to pulling off this gift successfully is to cater it specifically to your mom's taste. Would she prefer to celebrate with brunch or dinner? Does she lean more towards sweet or savory dishes? Does she like to munch on one knockout dish or have a selection presented to her. These are the types of questions you may want to consider when planning your meal, because yes, a successful Mother's Day does take a bit of planning.
OR
OR

Although the Eggs Benedict are not a recipe of my own, this is what I will be making my own mama on Mother's Day.
OR


OR

No comments: