Friday, September 10, 2010

Open-Faced Fried Egg Sandwich with Avocado and Tomato

Often my breakfast dictates what kind of day im going to have. For instance, if I start my day with a bowl of cereal, it's likely to be a long and dull day. Whereas starting my day with bacon, eggs, and toast means my day will be beautiful...and there's never such a thing as skipping breakfast in my world...I might as well not leave my bed at all if that's the case. So you can imagine how fantastic my day turned out when I started it off with this winning breakfast sandwich! Crisp, toasted country bread lays the base for fresh and juicy tomatoes and creamy avocado, generously sprinkled with the bright flavour of torn cilantro leaves, and topped with a runny crispy-edged fried egg. If only every day could start as beautiful as this!

Ingredients:
a slice of fresh bread (I used a country loaf)
butter
1 avocado, sliced
4-5 cherry tomatoes, halved
about 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, torn into small pieces
olive oil
1 egg
freshly ground salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Lightly butter bread slice on one side. Top evenly with avocado slices, halved tomatoes, and cilantro leaves. Set aside.

2. Drizzle a small pan with olive oil. Set to medium-high heat. When hot, crack in the egg. As the egg is setting, season with salt and pepper. Let egg fry until the white is cooked, the white edges are crispy, and the yolk is still slightly runny.

3. Carefully place fried egg on top of the avocado, tomato and cilantro bread and eat!

Listening To:
Kanye West & Jay-Z - Monster (feat. Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver) (Prod. by Kanye West)

Powered by mp3skull.com

3 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

Ohhh I so see this as my breakfast tomorrow morning:)
Kisses,sweetie

Amanda* said...

One word: YUMM!

Cooking Gallery said...

How I wish I could have such breakfast in the morning...! I tend to skip breakfast because I don't normally have the time to prepare it...:(