Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Chewy Chocolate Brownies

A few weeks ago it was my friend Alex's 23rd birthday. I know I say this a lot about friends on here, but I really cannot sing the praises for this girl enough, she is amazing! I have known her since grade 4, and no matter what ups and downs we've gone through, she has always been there for me through thick and through thin. She is not only an amazing friend, but an all around incredible woman. I don't know if I have ever met anyone so motivated and full of life. Much of my drive and inspiration comes from her support and watching her thrive in her own pursuits. We have gotten so close over the years that I truly consider her part of my family. We have that special and incredibly rare bond that I know will keep us together for the rest of our lives. I love her like a sister. So for her 23rd birthday I had to make something special for her party.

Alex is a big lover of all sweets, especially chocolate, so it isn't too hard to please her in that department. I decided to stick with something classic, yet delicious, that would be a real crowd pleaser. I turned to a very simple yet delicious brownie recipe. These brownies take hardly any time to prepare, and are super chewy, moist, and chocolatey! How could anyone possibly resist!

Click here to learn more about Alex and her interesting and exciting life!

Ingredients:
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp water
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 eggs
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup pecans

Directions:
1. Mix the butter, sugar, and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.

2. Pour mixture in a food processor and add chocolate chips. Process until smooth and chocolate has melted.

3. Add eggs and process until just combined. Add the flour, baking powder, vanilla, and pecans, and pulse on and off until nuts are chopped.

4. Line and butter a 8 inch square baking pan. Pour mixture in pan and bake at 350ยบ for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the brownie comes out clean.

5. Let cool and cut into desired squares.

2 comments:

The Chocolate Priestess said...

I'm a big fan of brownies on my birthday, too! I get so much cake at birthdays that I find it a nice change of pace.

Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Justin said...

you're a good friend