2 Ib carrots, scraped and trimmed (you may use regular or mini)
2 cups boiling water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp oil
1 tbsp potato starch
1 tbsp cold water or orange juice
1. If using regular carrots, cut carrots into small slices.
2. Transfer to a large saucepan and add boiling water and salt. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until fairly tender.
3. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Add honey, sugar, and oil and mix well.
4. Dissolve potato starch in cold water or juice and stir into carrots. Adjust seasonings to taste.
5. Bake uncovered at 375ºF for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Photography by Ruzan Orkestar